Sunday, February 21, 2010

Be an Ant not a grasshopper

Dear Reader


When I was younger, I used to go out and party all the time. I would work hard all week for a few dollars and then when the weekend rolled around I would spend most of it on foolish thing that brought nothing of value to my life. Now that I am older and wiser, I have decided to stop partying and start saving my money. Instead of going out to drink with my buddies I stay in my house and watch movies on netflix. If I do go out I go to a bar or pub with a happy hour. I rarely ever buy drinks I feel insulted paying for over priced drinks. I feel more like an Ant these days all I do is work and save for the future.

The ant is a wise creature it stores food for the winter in the summer because it knows it would face death if it isn't prepared. I wish more people would take this philosophy. We have all heard of the stories of people who have gone bankrupt because of unexpected emergencies in their lives. So from now on be an ant not a grasshopper. Consume as little as possible and save to the max so when hard times fall you are ready. You should have at least a year's worth of living expenses saved up and a bunch of food and water stocked up in your basement or bedroom.

Sincerely,
Jeffrey Boateng

No comments:

Post a Comment